Trim isn't trimming all transparent pixels

New Here ,
Jul 30, 2020 Jul 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a .png which has some transparent pixels to the right. If I go to trim and select transparent pixels, it doens't work. If I select the image (leaving the transparent pixels) and go to "crop", then it doesn't crop to the image and leaves the transparent pixels. What am I doing wrong? 

TOPICS
How to, Problem or error

Views

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Most Valuable Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you sure the area is fully empty that there are no low opacity in there. Add a bottom layer Black then white  if any pixel show.

This looks like it should Trim but should not because  I put a 1% opacity gray pixels in layer 1 canvas top left and  bottom right corners.

Capture.jpg

JJMack

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@JJMack - thanks for your suggestion. I put a black and a white background behind the image, but I don't see any pixels. The image otherwise only has 1 layer. I can't crop to selection either.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you can not crop try resetting all tools and if you still can not crop reset your Preferences.

JJMack

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 31, 2020 Jul 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, if you can't crop to the slection, there must be a nother problem than a stray pixel.

Did you restart, and reset the ctop tool (right click omn the tool icon in the toolbar)

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post screenshot please with Layers panel and problem on canvas visible?

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would be better if the could post the psd or PNG.  However they state they also can not crop it.  They have some kind of issue with Photoshop or that document. What prevents you from cropping a Document.

JJMack

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 08, 2021 Apr 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The trim command hasn't been working for me for a while either. Seems like a bug.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines