Highlighted

Troubbles with Photoshop and Macbook pro i9

New Here ,
Aug 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, everyone

I bought a Macbook pro 16 i9 last week and I have two issues with Photoshop. First one, the mac overheats when I use any brush for a short period os time, so the coolers starts to sound very loud. Also, this happens with Illustrator too. The second problem, is that sometimes, when I start Photoshop, all the screen blackout a few seconds. Not just the program window. All the screen. Anyone has a clue about these things? I'll appreciate any thing that anyone can tell me. Thank a lot.

Topics

Mac, Performance, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Troubbles with Photoshop and Macbook pro i9

New Here ,
Aug 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, everyone

I bought a Macbook pro 16 i9 last week and I have two issues with Photoshop. First one, the mac overheats when I use any brush for a short period os time, so the coolers starts to sound very loud. Also, this happens with Illustrator too. The second problem, is that sometimes, when I start Photoshop, all the screen blackout a few seconds. Not just the program window. All the screen. Anyone has a clue about these things? I'll appreciate any thing that anyone can tell me. Thank a lot.

Topics

Mac, Performance, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry that your MacBook Pro is overheating and blacks out randomly while using Photoshop.

It seems that both the issues are linked together and one of the components of your computer is triggering the overheat which later causes sudden black out.

Which version of Photoshop are you using and what is your operating system?

I would suggest that your uncheck the option "use graphics processor" under the Preferences > Performance menu in Photoshop and then restart your computer. After restarting, use Photoshop for a while and check if the issue still persists. 

For more details on troubleshooting GPU, see https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/troubleshoot-gpu-graphics-card.html

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Akash

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines