Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trouble blending

Engaged ,
Jul 31, 2020 Jul 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshopians,

I am learning to blend and making progress. However, I made a photo of a background layer on line and downloaded it to PS from Lightroom. I then sent a flower photo to PS also to blend with the background. No matter what I did I could not get both in the layers panel together. I could not change opacity nor do anything with a mask. Moving one tab over the other and releasing the mouse button over the workspace was without any success. This must be possible since folks make their own backgrounds for images. How did I screw this up?

PS-On another problem with email verification posted previously, we found another verification page to use in LR and when the info was entered, this time the email was verified. I wrote to Adobe about this problem being quite common and needed their attention.

Thanks to all,

Richard

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please post a screenshot with the pertinent Panels (Toolbar, Layers, Channels, Options Bar, …) visible? 

Recently there has been a bug convcerning dragging and dropping Layers between documents that affects people working in tabbed view. 

I am a Mac user myself so tabbed vew is odious to me and I do not use it … if you do try to see if working with the images in proper individual windows makes a difference. 

Also have you tried using File > Place … or copy/pasting? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Aug 01, 2020 Aug 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To c_pfaff.........

Thank you for the interest. However, I have found a workaround so that problem is not an issue now.

But I can safely predict that "I'll be Back!!"

Richard

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

What exact version of Photoshop do you have, there are issues with version 21.2.1 and dragging via the tab, if this is what you're referring too

2020-07-31 14_24_34-_MG_2450.JPG @ 18.3% (RGB_8) _.png

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/version-21-2-1-drag-duplicate-layer-to-anothe...

If it's not that maybe you could post a screenshot to highlight the issue you have

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ged,

Let me refine my question. I have studied the tutorial on replacing a background which was my goal originally. However, the problem boils down to not being able to get both foreground and new background layers on the same layer panel at the same time. Why can't I do this?

Thanks,

Richard

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried using File > Place … or copy/pasting? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Aug 01, 2020 Aug 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ged,

The problem has been solved with a workaround. Thank you very much.

Richard

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ged,

One more thing. Yes, my version of PS is, indeed, 21.1.2. I wrote to Adobe about this mess. 

Richard

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines