Highlighted

trouble bringing forward object A

New Here ,
Aug 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone, 

I'm using Photoshop 19.1. 9 on mac.

I want to superimpose the word "kittens" (on layer 3) to go over the image of the butterfly (on layer 5). When I merge layers 3 & 5,  it is arranged in the reverse order I want (butterfly on top). 

I tried to go to Layer > Arrange> Reverse as well as "Bring Forward" OR "Bring Back" .....but I am unable to get the word "Kittens" to go on top of the butterfly image. 

The other piece of info is that layer 3 has a white background while layer 5 has a transparent background. I don't know if the differences in the background are why I'm having trouble. 

Attached is my PSD file with the 2 layers. Any help is appreciated. 

Thank you

Arash

Topics

How to, Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

trouble bringing forward object A

New Here ,
Aug 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone, 

I'm using Photoshop 19.1. 9 on mac.

I want to superimpose the word "kittens" (on layer 3) to go over the image of the butterfly (on layer 5). When I merge layers 3 & 5,  it is arranged in the reverse order I want (butterfly on top). 

I tried to go to Layer > Arrange> Reverse as well as "Bring Forward" OR "Bring Back" .....but I am unable to get the word "Kittens" to go on top of the butterfly image. 

The other piece of info is that layer 3 has a white background while layer 5 has a transparent background. I don't know if the differences in the background are why I'm having trouble. 

Attached is my PSD file with the 2 layers. Any help is appreciated. 

Thank you

Arash

Topics

How to, Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To superimpose layers, use transparent backgrounds denoted by the checkerboard pattern.

Move Kittens text above Butterfly layer.  See screenshot.

image.png

Nancy O'Shea, ACP
Alt-Web.com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines