• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trouble in Naming duplicate documents on PS 21.2.0

New Here ,
Jun 17, 2020 Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While creating actions, I name the Duplicate documents as New ... New Copy 1, New Copy 2.... so on. 

While recording in actions it usually appears as  "Duplicte First Document" in the Action so that it can be run with any image. However, after updating to PS 21.2.0, I see instead of "Suplicate First Document",the actions are recorded with random numbers with the "Duplicte Document" such as "Duplicate Document 224", "Duplciate Document 1245." This does not allow the actions be run again. "The Object 224 is not currently avilable" appears on the screan and the Action stops. I am not sure if this is an issue of 21.2.0 or if I had changed anything. it worked fine till I updated to 21.2.0. (when I recorded the Action, the respective duplicates were created with the  names such as New Copy 1 and New Copy 2, but the action did not replect it. I will apprecite your help.

Action SampleAction Sample

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,
Jun 24, 2020 Jun 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having this problem!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is definitelly bug which should be reported https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family

For now can you try with Insert Menu Item > Duplicate? It will open dialogue so you must press Enter but at least you can use action. It does not allow to turn off modal dialogue in recorded step to duplicate document using Insert Menu Item but it works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Great workaround, thanks for this! Definitely hoping they fix it properly, of course. I'll file a bug report.

EDIT: Looks like you have already! I've me too'd it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines