• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trouble loading brushes in Photoshop

New Here ,
Jul 08, 2020 Jul 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

why doesn't brushes come up as a Type under Presets?  I'm a newby & when I follow directions to load brushes, this seems to be how I should be able to load them.. am I missing something?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Jul 09, 2020 Jul 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry that you're not able to load brushes in Photoshop as its not showing you the brushes in the Presets section.

Which version of Photoshop are you using and are you looking to add more brushes in Photoshop?

In the Brushes panel, from the flyout menu, choose Get More Brushes. Alternatively, right-click a brush listed in the Brushes panel and select Get More Brushes from the contextual menu.

Would you mind checking this article that explains how you can load brushes in Photoshop? https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/creating-modifying-brushes.html#get_more_brushes

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 16, 2020 Jul 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you - I am using the latest version (monthly) and I can load brushes, since brushes does not come up as a Type under preset and it should be there...  maybe my settings needed to be tweeked.

Thanks again for your response..

Penny

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 19, 2020 Jul 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's right Penny. Let us know the outcome after you've tweeked the settings.

Thanks,

~Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 23, 2020 Jul 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I could use some help tweaking the settings...  where would I do that?

Thanks again

Penny

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 23, 2020 Jul 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which exact version of Photoshop are you using and what type of brushes are you trying to load?

Would you mind restoring the preferences for Photoshop & see if it helps? See this article for reference: https://t.co/ulJI7cGn1G You may want to backup your settings beforehand: https://t.co/4dX7gkr36D

Thanks, 

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 24, 2020 Jul 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, the presets manager is not used anymore for brushes.

Or do you mean the presets folder on your hard drive?

Go to Windows>Brushes and on the top right, go to the contextual menu.

Select Legacy brushes, to load the default brushes you used to see when you opened the previous version.

If you had loaded brushes in an older version, you can go to edit>presets, and migrate or improt/export presets from an older version

Get more brushes, gives you access to lots of free brush packs online, that might land in the downloads folder of your computer. you can double-click them, or use the load brushes entry in the abovementioned menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines