Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trouble Loading Photoshop--Says there is no more storage

New Here ,
Feb 05, 2021 Feb 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

So each time I try to load photoshop, it won't let me. Instead I get a pop up that says my scratch disk is full. I've checked my storage, and I still have pleanty left so I don't understand what the issue is. Does anyone know how to solve this?

Thanks. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How much, exactly, is "plenty" in gigabytes?

What version of Photoshop?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2021-02-05 at 12.41.09 PM.png

 I have this much storage. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, 2.51 GB available. Your disk is disastrously full, all sorts of apps will start failing. You need 10 times that just to keep the system smooth, before what Photoshop needs. Is something on that page leading you to the conclusion you have plenty - Apple put a lot of info there, so it's hard to pick out what you really need. The info on About This Mac is clearer, once you hit Manage there's too much info.

It will be hard to do much without adding more disks, you have the smallest available disk.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And I have photoshop 2019 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

With 2.5 GB disk space left, your whole machine can freeze up at any moment now. Forget Photoshop, you have much bigger problems right now.

I can fill up 2.5 GB in fifteen seconds.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If Photoshop says your scratch disk is full, then the amount of free space you have is not enough. See this help file in the troubleshooting section:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/scratch-disks-preferences.html

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines