• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trouble Removing White Background to Create Vector Image...

New Here ,
Oct 12, 2020 Oct 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good Morning!

I'm fairly new to photoshop and ilusstrator, and I'm having trouble removing the white background for two air conditioner condenser images in order to create a vector image for marketing materials. The way I have learned to do this in the past is to do an image trace, but when I do an image trace on either one of the images it is greatly distorting the image. I have tried selecting "ignore white background" and leaving this selection off in image trace, but neither way is coming out well. Can someone please point me in the right direction on how to remove the white background but not the white inbetween the grates on the condensor? I've attached the two condensor images from which I am trying to remove the background, and I have also attached an example (Trane vector image) of what I need the other two to look like.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Image Trace in Illustrator will probably not work well for something this complex, but we have not seen your settings in the Image Trace panel before you click Expand.

If you simply want to remove the white background in Photoshop and keep it raster, try Select Subject (or trace it with the Pen tool), then add a layer mask. Remember that jpeg does not support transparency, but tiff, psd, and png do.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Can someone please point me in the right direction on how to remove the white background but not the white inbetween the grates on the condensor?"

Are you looking for one click solution in Photoshop? Not sure it will work perfecty but you can try with Select Subject then use Quick Selection Tool or any other selection to refine result as needed. Perfect one click solution for any file is not available on market.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 04, 2021 Feb 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

Were you successful in creating a vector of the xv20i png image? Asking as I have a potential client order that want's to utilize vector of a similar image. I'm having the same issues you posted about.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 04, 2021 Feb 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, Kindastuck!

I did get it to work. I think I ended up using the quick selection tool and copying the selection onto a new vector file. Let me know if that doesn't work, and I'll go back in and try to recreate what I did.

Best Regards,

Alex

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines