• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trouble spinning 3D Object post merging 3D layers

Explorer ,
Mar 26, 2021 Mar 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this 3D layer I have created. It is a coin with three originally normal layers on one side and two on the other. I then took one layer in its own document and created a 3D extrusion. I copy/pasted the other layers into the one with the one I just extruded and did the same to them. Then I put them in the same, I flipped the two on the other side, and moved it to the back of the other three. Then merged the 3D layers. 

So in my head, I have a coin now with two sides, that I should now be able to create a video timeline with and make a simple spinning disc... but I've watched a few tutorials on doing this and, when someone is dealing with multiple meshes or just one, they seem to make sure there is only one mesh in their video timeline... So when I go to the bottom of the timeline to set a marker on the 3D mesh layer, I noticed that there are 5 layers. It doesn't matter if I try to put all of them in one layer in the 3D panel, thne spin it, or if I give all of the seperate mesh's markers. (which actually has been me putting 4 of the 5 into 1 onf them. Is there a way to create a folder or layer for all 5 layer?!).  Once I make a second marker on some, they instantly move out of place... I am only setting a new marker... I am missing how there could be any movement... I think it has to do with the properties but I am not sure...

I am just trying to spin this coin. I would very much appreciate anyone's help! I think my issue will be clear to any 3D afficiando. I am just missing some rule(s) that I am accidentally neglecting.

The file is attached but I would love to know what is going on. Why some layer like to jump elsewere.  I have even seen videos of people using the properties panel.. but there are too many way I  think I could have screwed this up.  ie- maybe I should have started with the file of the coins layers all in one .psd instead of making a new .psd, and copying the others in.. maybe its the properties panel having different values.  Maybe the 3D layers need a parent layer... I don't know.  

***My God is the Adobe.com/[creative cloud area] animation depsressing... its too good. There comes a point where inspiring turns to imposssible. ha.  It is so sick

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?