Troubles with the path tool

Community Beginner ,
Apr 10, 2021 Apr 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay this is new to me and I have to say it's really odd. When I use the pen tool to draw a path, everything is just fine, making selections, filling or stroking the path and using the path to draw a brish stroke are all functioning as designed. Until I name and save the path. Once I do that I cannot draw an additional path on that layer, I get all the anchor points I can make, but no actual path. I can copy a path and edit that one, but I can't connect it to another path. So when it's a Work Path, everything is fine. When I name and save the path, it's broken to the point of useless. I have to admit I'm less than optimistic that anything will actually be done about this as I'm still having to add the word Copy to any file I want to overwrite. Sure, I only have to do it once, but having all the images named <filename> copy.png is rather annoying.

TOPICS
Bug, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 10, 2021 Apr 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's a bug in 22.3. Keep a work path, then you can work on your named paths. Adobe is aware of the bug.

~ Jane

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines