• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trying to attach a PNG picture!

New Here ,
Nov 15, 2020 Nov 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings!  I'm on the edge of catapulting my laptop out of the window!!!!   I'm currently working on a landscape design. I am trying to attach a PNG of shrubs, trees and so forth. My understanding is that I am to find the picture and "save as" on the desktop. I go back into Photoshop to open, and a picture will open, however I can't figure out how to attach it to the design. I have looked at YouTube tutorials, received assistance from a classmate, and I've been digging into this for probably four or five hours. When I try to attach it, at least I think that's what I'm doing, I also get a message that says "Photoshop does not recognize your request because it doesn't recognize the file" or something like that.  On some of the images, if I click on them I do not get that message, but still no success in trying to "place a picture of a blue spruce" in front of the house.  I admit to being slow! LOL! I'm sure it's just "one click away" from success but I cannot find the "magic button."  I am using Photoshop 2021, and doing this on a MacBook Air.  Help! Thank you!  

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Nov 15, 2020 Nov 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

ISSUE #1
When you say "attach", are you trying to insert one image into another? If so, the terminology Photoshop uses is Place. Under the File menu you will find two Place commands.

Place Embedded
This will place a copy of a file of your choosing inside your composition.

Place Linked
This will place a copy of a file of your choosing inside your composition but will retain a live link to that file. That way should you ever update the file it will also update inside your composition.

ISSUE #2
If I understand correctly you are saying that Photoshop is not recognising the files which you have been saving.

What kind of files are these? Are they standard graphics like JPEG or PNG? Or are they something a little more modern like WEBP that Photoshop might not be able to open or may need some kind of plugin to open?

These files that you are trying to open in Photoshop, do they have file extensions? If not, the solution might be as simple as making sure a file called, for example, DEMO, is named DEMO.JPG.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines