• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trying to dock Photoshop control panel to bottom of screen

Engaged ,
Aug 03, 2020 Aug 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone know if -- and how -- one can dock the PShop control panel to the bottom of the screen? I can drag it down there, no problem, but I never get a blue line to show it will dock, and if I release it, not only is it floating, but it all collapses to the left -- that is, it still has all the tools, but it shortens to cram it all to the left and no longer reaches across the screen. That last isn't a huge problem if it would only dock. I'd like to make this a permanent change and will save a workspace once I have managed it -- if I can only get it to dock. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Aug 03, 2020 Aug 03, 2020

No, apparently not. I tried in a couple of versions going back to PS 2015. It works in both Adobe InDesign and Adobe Illustrator, though. You might put in a feature request to the product team here:

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family

Photoshop calls it the options bar, btw, as it has options for the tools. It's only the Control panel in InDesign and Illustrator, as tool options are accessed by double-clicking the tools that have options.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Aug 03, 2020 Aug 03, 2020

It seems that the Tool Bar and the Tool Option Bar are special cases. The Tool Bar can only be docked on the ledt or right of Photoshop window.  The Tool Option Bar is the only item that can be docked under  Photoshop menu bar and is the only place the tool Option bar can be docked to. Palettes  can be docked to the left, right and bottom.

That can also be docked to each other and can be collapsed.image.png

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, apparently not. I tried in a couple of versions going back to PS 2015. It works in both Adobe InDesign and Adobe Illustrator, though. You might put in a feature request to the product team here:

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family

Photoshop calls it the options bar, btw, as it has options for the tools. It's only the Control panel in InDesign and Illustrator, as tool options are accessed by double-clicking the tools that have options.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Jane. 🙂  First, I suspected it wasn't called "control bar" in PShop but couldn't seem to spot what it WAS. Good to know it's called "option bar." 🙂

Also, thanks for trying to do this and confirming that it won't work. I thought I was just doing (or not doing) something right, since, as you say, it can be redocked in InD and Ill. Thanks again for giving it a try and for letting me know. 🙂

C.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome, CasinClaire. It's a bit annoying since you can do it in Illustrator and InDesign. QuarkXPress had its bar (I forget the name now) at the bottom by default, and InDesign gave the option so Quark users could be happy.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ha, ha! I'd sure like to be happy! 🙂

C.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems that the Tool Bar and the Tool Option Bar are special cases. The Tool Bar can only be docked on the ledt or right of Photoshop window.  The Tool Option Bar is the only item that can be docked under  Photoshop menu bar and is the only place the tool Option bar can be docked to. Palettes  can be docked to the left, right and bottom.

That can also be docked to each other and can be collapsed.image.png

image.png

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines