Turn off automatic stroke to shapes?

Explorer ,
Apr 12, 2021 Apr 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

For some reason my Photoshop has reset all it's presets and lost all my settings. 

Now, when I draw a shape, it adds an annoying black stroke to it. 

Is there a way to remove this stroke setting so shapes don't have a stroke by default?

Thanks

TOPICS
How to, Problem or error

Views

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop shapes remeber their last used settings, but you need to select the shape tool and set stroke and fill before you create your shape.  If you do this, then those settings will remain the next time you open Photoshop.

If you create a shape and change the fill and stroke afterwards, then Photoshop will not remember the changed settings.

Does that make sense?  Give it a try.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply.

This is not happening. If I draw a shape, set the stroke to none, select another tool then go back to the shape tool the stroke is back to 1px

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines