• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Turn off multiple selections

Community Beginner ,
Jan 29, 2021 Jan 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is probably really simple to do but I can't find the option and it's driving me mad:

I've been regressing Photoshop backwards to try to find a version that works at a reasonable speed and the version I'm working with at the moment is 20.0.10.

A behaviour has changed:

When I drag the mouse to select a square in an image, it doesn't clear the previously highlighted selection.

How do I set this back so that it does, and if I want to select two areas at once I have to hold down CTRL or SHIFT or whichever it is, as it was before?

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jan 29, 2021 Jan 29, 2021

See Options Bar left. 

Is the Tool set to »Add to selection« instead of »New seelction«? 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Jan 29, 2021 Jan 29, 2021

With a selection tool active, such as the Rectangular Marquee Tool, look within the Options bar running along the top of Photoshop. If you don't see the Options bar activate it from the bottom of the Window menu. Look for the series of buttons I've circled in the image below. The first button is active by default and exhibits the behaviour you are looking for. My guess is that you have the second button selected which exhibits the behaviour you are experiencing.

capture.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See Options Bar left. 

Is the Tool set to »Add to selection« instead of »New seelction«? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks - sorted now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With a selection tool active, such as the Rectangular Marquee Tool, look within the Options bar running along the top of Photoshop. If you don't see the Options bar activate it from the bottom of the Window menu. Look for the series of buttons I've circled in the image below. The first button is active by default and exhibits the behaviour you are looking for. My guess is that you have the second button selected which exhibits the behaviour you are experiencing.

capture.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's exactly it - thank you 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Happy it helped. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines