• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Two versions of Photoshop on my PC - should I uninstall one of them?

Contributor ,
Feb 20, 2020 Feb 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. I seem to have two versions of Photoshop installed on my PC (Windows 10). In my Settings > Apps, one version is Photoshop CC 2019 v 20.0.8 Release, and the other version is Photoshop CC 2020 v 21.1.0. From time to time I receive notifications to update both, which I do. Should I uninstall the older CC 2019 version and if I do will that affect the CC 2020 version? Or should I just leave it alone? Thanks for any suggestions / guidance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Feb 20, 2020 Feb 20, 2020

IMO you should hasv at least two versions of Photoshop Installed In case a new Update brakes you work flow in the current version of Photoshop.    I have 5 versions installed..

Votes

Translate

Translate
Contributor , Feb 20, 2020 Feb 20, 2020

Good point, thanks very much!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IMO you should hasv at least two versions of Photoshop Installed In case a new Update brakes you work flow in the current version of Photoshop.    I have 5 versions installed..

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good point, thanks very much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is a gret idea!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 08, 2021 Oct 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

since I have two versions, any file I open that was originally opened with the older version will automaticly be opened by the older version. I don't want this, I want the newest version to open all my files as there are more tools in the newest version ie plugins...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 08, 2021 Oct 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines