Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Type effect, depth in text.

New Here ,
Apr 28, 2021 Apr 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Everyone,

Ive seen this style of type a few times recently and I can't figure out how it is done. I can't find any online tutorials about it. The white type looks like it is coming out of the screen while the blue text looks like it is set back. I guess its some type of optical illisusion with a blur filter. Anyone have any ideas how its done?

Thanks Drew

thumbnail_mainslider_moderncancelled.jpeg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 28, 2021 Apr 28, 2021

No 3D effects there that I can see.

One question though - do you wear spectacles? Some lenses focus Red and Blue at different points leading to a perceived distance effect when viewing colours on a screen. I wonder if that is what you are seeing here.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't see what you are seeing about text coming out of the screen or being set back, so I'll leave that to other volunteers to address. What I do see is a readability issue with the very dark blue (black) text on a red background. See this article from Penn State:

https://accessibility.psu.edu/color/colorvisiondetails/

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No 3D effects there that I can see.

One question though - do you wear spectacles? Some lenses focus Red and Blue at different points leading to a perceived distance effect when viewing colours on a screen. I wonder if that is what you are seeing here.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello Dave,

How interesting, yes you are correct. 

The effect is only when I have my glasses on! It looks like a really good effect with my glasses on.
Shame I can only see it.

Drew

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines