Highlighted

Type is too noisy in photoshop?

Apr 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hoping somebody can help me figure this out. I have an artwork I'm working on that has the noise filter applied to it. Whenever I bring in type from illustrator or even make type in photoshop directly with the type tool, it seems to come out blurry as if the noise filter is being applied to it somehow. Is there anyway I can go about fixing this? Example in the image attached below. 

Edit: I realized my dpi was set to 72, tried changing it to 320 and this still didn't fix the problem. Not sure what else it might be. 

Topics

How to, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Type is too noisy in photoshop?

Apr 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hoping somebody can help me figure this out. I have an artwork I'm working on that has the noise filter applied to it. Whenever I bring in type from illustrator or even make type in photoshop directly with the type tool, it seems to come out blurry as if the noise filter is being applied to it somehow. Is there anyway I can go about fixing this? Example in the image attached below. 

Edit: I realized my dpi was set to 72, tried changing it to 320 and this still didn't fix the problem. Not sure what else it might be. 

Topics

How to, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you viewing your image at 100% in Photoshop?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes, i am. that image is just a cropped cutout from the full image at 100%

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

When you have an insertion point in your text, what does it say in the options bar for the anti-alias?

~ Jane

FADD831F-9916-4FF7-BBB8-864DA4F75166.jpeg

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it says sharp. I tried going through the different variations but they all seem a bit blurry. I have a feeling it has to do with the DPI, cos when I originally set up the document it was 72 dpi. I later changed it to 320, and in the preview it shows as really crisp like how I want it but when it's applied it's not really reflecting what was shown in the preview.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think canvas resolution is the problem. See screenshot.  Each canvas below is 1680 x 1050 pixels. 

Text at 300 vs 72 ppiText at 300 vs 72 ppi

Nancy O'Shea, ACP
Alt-Web.com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines