• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Type layers with masks behaviour

Explorer ,
Oct 14, 2020 Oct 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wondered what anyone else thought of this? Is it a feature or a bug? Either way I find it slows me down considerably on a regular basis.

I often create type layers with layer masks. If I click on the type layer in the layers palette, PS defaults to selecting the layer mask. This is the exact opposite of useful behaviour. Nine times out of ten if I click on a type layer I want to edit or move the type. The behaviour is the same if I right-click on the image and select the type layer from the list of layers. Also if I command-click to select the type layer it priorit

This behaviour means I need to click twice on a type layer in the layers palette to get to the type.

Image layers don't behave this way, if I click on a normal layer that has a mask, the layer is selected first and I have to click on the mask to select and edit it. This should be the same with type layers in my opinion.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Oct 14, 2020 Oct 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I can reproduce the behaviour (Adobe Photoshop Version: 21.2.4 on Mac OS 10.15.4). 

It does not affect me much, but you could post a Request over on 

Photoshop Family

For the time being you may want to apply the Layer Masks to Groups into which you put the Type Layers. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines