Exit

Type Tool & Beach Ball

Explorer ,
Nov 06, 2019 Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop 21.0.0

Mac OS 10.15.1

Problem: I get the beach ball as soon as I try to change the font in Photoshop CC 2020. The only fix has been to force-quit Photoshop and re-open. I let the beach ball go for an hour while I went to the gym to see if it would resolve and it never did. 

Just wanted to share in case there was a fix and if I discover anythin that works, I will update.

Cheers,

Mike

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mike,

We're really sorry for text tool issue. Could you please turn on the legacy compositing from Photoshop preferences and let us know if that helps.

Photoshop > Edit menu > Preferences > Performance tab > Put a check mark on Legacy Compositing > Restart Photoshop.

Thanks,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the quick response, but it did not seem to fix the issue. I made the changes in Preferences. Quit Photoshop. Re-opened and selected the Type Tool and as soon as I tried to pick a font, the beach ball started. I also tried previously using the Character Panel and from the Options bar with the same results.

Best,

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines