• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

UI panels flickering when using brush tool, shift key, ALT key.

New Here ,
Feb 15, 2021 Feb 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. 

Ever since upgrading from CS6 to brand new PS on a new computer I'm having lots of issues (new PC is high end, runs perfectly so I know it's not the computer causing this problem).

The main issue is the UI/ Toolbars and Navigator panels flickering when using the application, mostly when using the SHIFT keys and the brush tool (I'm a digital painter so need to use these for my workflow all the time). 

It's almost like the active file window is trying to push itself on top of the panels that I just mentioned when using these keys. I've tried turning off the Graphics Processor and that made PS unasable (stuttering and jagged scrolling). I've also tried using the different settings for the Drawing Mode for this too, nothing changed. 

It also is not the same flickering issue that other people seem to have with the whole screen flashing black and white. 

Sorry to sound like a Karen but this isn't really acceptable when I'm now forced to pay a monthly subscription, CS6 ran perfectly and I wish I could use that again, but that's now not possible. Any help would be appreciated. 

Thanks.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,
Feb 19, 2021 Feb 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there noone that might be able to help at all? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 19, 2021 Feb 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Not really sure what the point of having a support community is if noone bothers to help out, eh? Anyway, I think I've managed to figure it out just incase anyone else with the same problem finds this thread. 

It seems by keeping your windows in docked tab mode stops the flickering. Shame that the Full Screen mode is pretty useless now, but hey ho. That's Photoshop for you. I'll be moving over to Clip Studio Paint soon. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines