• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

UI prefs not stored

Advisor ,
Aug 05, 2020 Aug 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I tick Use Legacy "New Document" Interface it doesn't get stored, so next I open PS this option is deselected. The same thing happens with Open Documents as Tabs, except this time its the other way around. It's selected as default and when I deselect this option it goes back to selected when I close and open PS. When I delete the PS prefs file it deletes ALL my assets like swatches, custom shapes, brushes, patterns AND libraries. Needles to say I don't wanna repeat that destructive action. All this started when I upgraded to V21.2.1

UI prefs02.pngUI prefs01.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Aug 05, 2020 Aug 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

»When I delete the PS prefs file it deletes ALL my assets like swatches, custom shapes, brushes, patterns AND libraries.«

Just one of the reasons one should save and back-up one’s presets from time to time. 

Did you ever save you custom brushes aas an abr-file for example? 

As for your preferences not soring correctly there might be permissions issues. 

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/basic-trouble-shooting-steps.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines