• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable new file in photoshop 2020 (21.2)

New Here ,
Jul 11, 2020 Jul 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had been avoidning updating to the current vcrsion of Photoshop due I am unable to create a new document in the latest version.

I do ctrl+N and I even do file > new and it goes gray. For some reason it does this. Can anyone please explain. Because if I have to downgrade I will do it because its a simple normal function for every photoshop user. 

And the program can't even create a new document. Is anyone else encountering this problem?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it the items in the File menu that go gray or something in one of the new document interfaces that goes gray.   Often when I start Photoshop  items in the File menu that should not be gray out are grayed out.    I just sit back and wait a while to let Photoshop get its act together.  I think Photoshop drinks too much and has a hard time focusing and also  takes catnaps fails the respond to shortcuts now and then .  Perhaps if Adobe fixes some of the bugs Photoshop will sober up.

Capture.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yeah it's exatcly that so I just downgraded and using that until they fix that problem. Because it's a common function you think they wouldn't mess that up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines