Highlighted

Unable to affect previous layers once too many layers are added

New Here ,
Aug 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello community, I'm in need of a little advice/help. I've been working on retouching an image using a retouch workflow i recently learned from PHLearn, but once i begin adding more layers, the previous layers no longer work the way they did at first. I am unable to manipulate the lower levels as i could when first creating them. Then when i hide the top layers, the bottom layers look..... odd. For example, my blemish layer now shows blemish strokes, which were not visble that way at first, and when i add more nothing happens. When i try to go back and manipulate my Freq Sep layers nothing happens. This is my first time working with so many layers so i'm not sure if this is normal or if i'm just doing something very wrong. So far, the only solution i've come up with is deleting all the layers above the one i want to re-manipulate, do what i need, then move forward again. It's making this already new process a bit more difficult. Thanks for any help or advice

Macbook Air, running Catalina 10.15.6, Photoshop 2020 21.2.1.

Working in adobe RGB 16 bit

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Unable to affect previous layers once too many layers are added

New Here ,
Aug 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello community, I'm in need of a little advice/help. I've been working on retouching an image using a retouch workflow i recently learned from PHLearn, but once i begin adding more layers, the previous layers no longer work the way they did at first. I am unable to manipulate the lower levels as i could when first creating them. Then when i hide the top layers, the bottom layers look..... odd. For example, my blemish layer now shows blemish strokes, which were not visble that way at first, and when i add more nothing happens. When i try to go back and manipulate my Freq Sep layers nothing happens. This is my first time working with so many layers so i'm not sure if this is normal or if i'm just doing something very wrong. So far, the only solution i've come up with is deleting all the layers above the one i want to re-manipulate, do what i need, then move forward again. It's making this already new process a bit more difficult. Thanks for any help or advice

Macbook Air, running Catalina 10.15.6, Photoshop 2020 21.2.1.

Working in adobe RGB 16 bit

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 12, 2020 0
S_Gans LATEST
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like your upper layers are covering your lower layers. Did you stamp any layers, or duplicate them? Do your upper folders contain any smart objects that may be blocking the view of the lower layers? What blend modes are being used on your frequency separation layers? I'm afraid we need to see the expansion of all these folders to hazard a guess on specfics...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 14, 2020 0