Unable to continue because an hardware or system error

New Here ,
Mar 08, 2021 Mar 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear gents

I am usig my old and very expensive Photoshop 6.0 on a W10 Pro environment. From yesterday, when starting the Photoshop I got the mensage:

"Unable to continue because an hardware or system error. Sorry, but this error is unrecoverable"

As far as I know, any Windows update had been installed on the last week, so is not result of an update of the system

It is possible to get suport or instructions from Adobe offices?

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct Answer

Adobe Community Professional , Mar 09, 2021 Mar 09, 2021
. So, what can I try? By @Manuel5C1D Photoshop Elements: https://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop-elements.html  

translate

Translate

Translate
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CS6 support ended around 2016. CS6's OS requirements also extended to Windows 8 but not anything after that:

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/cs6-system-requirements.html

That being said, have you tried things like a preferences reset or an uninstall/reinstall?

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html#reset_preferences

Otherwise, there may be something going on with your system. (Like a hardware failure on the storage end.)

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 07, 2021 Apr 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Photoshop 6.0 had happened as the same issue on last month (March 2021) after WIN10 forced to update. I did uninstall and reinstall but the error message came up eachtime when started Photoshop 6.0.

Charlie

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop 6 (from c 2002) or CS6 (from c2012) ?

Adobe support has ended for both those products, but I would start with a preference reset

Dave

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 09, 2021 Mar 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the help. But try to understand the problem. A lot of years ago I buy the very old Photshop 6.0. It is a very usefull tool to manage photos from my cameras. Usualy I want to correct just the sise of the photos to a standard used on my reports. I don't like to change my software any time a new litle change is made. And I do not like to rent the software. When I need a software I purchase it and it was a lot of money on that time.

It was possible to work under the MS Windows XP, under the MSWindows 7 and with MSWindows 10.This week end it was impossible to run Photoshop. And it returned the error. I tryed to restart the Photoshop, uninstalling and reinstalling it. After the first use, on a second use of the sotware, it returned with the same error (Unable to continue because an hardware or system error. Sorry, but this error is unrecoverable).

So, I believe that some change had been made, probably not from Adobe but by Microsoft.

So, what can I try?

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 09, 2021 Mar 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, what can I try?

By @Manuel5C1D

Photoshop Elements:

https://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop-elements.html

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 08, 2021 Apr 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear gent's

It seems that Microsoft is providing the businiess to Adobe and Adobe feels good with that. The update of the W10 made the crash of more than one Adobe software pack. And the answer from Adobe is just "buy a new pack of software". Solving the erros and the bugs is not the focus of the company. Client support is not the Adobe business, does not give return.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Client support for a purchase made 18 years ago, for which you chose not to purchase or subscribe to any of the 16 major updates since, and which  has worked until you chose to change the environment in which it runs??? 

If you choose to freeze applications in time then the only way to guarantee you have no issues is to also freeze the hardware, i.e PC and cameras, and OS environment.

Dave

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This. I see users who have the very first version of Reason running on a Windows 98 system (complete with hardware for that time). Talk about hardcore.  🙂

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines