Unable to create GIF with transparency from After effect to Photoshop

New Here ,
Apr 12, 2021 Apr 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I've been creating GIF with transparent background through after effect (export to render queue > channel RGB + Alpha), then import to Photoshop and export to GIF. I'm not sure if this is the fastest way to do it, but it's the only way I saw online that it worked for me.

Today, I tried doing this technique but Photoshop won't let me open my mov file. It says: 

Could not complete your request because Photoshop does not recognize this type of file.

I tried so many blogs/posts/videos to see if their other options or solutions for this problem but haven't found anything...HELP

I'm using the latest Photoshop & the latest version of Mac. My goal here is to create a GIF with a transparent background to be used on GIPHY. Also, I tried using the mov file from the export but it seems that there's even a problem when I try dropping it into GIPHY. The file doesn't open in Quicktime, but this problem occurred in the past and didn't stop me from importing it in Photoshop.

Thank you in advance!

TOPICS
Import and export, Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?