Unable to edit images in Photoshop from Lightroom

Nov 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. Can someone please tell me how to file a complaint??? 
I have had the worst time with agents from Adobe. I have had several issues over the past 2 months with Lightroom and photoshop and I have spent HOURS talking to agents who were supposed to help me. I have asked several times if my case could be escalated and they tell me it will be 24-48 hours before I get a call back. Not to mention each time I talk to an agent I talk with them for 1-3 hours. EACH!! Phone AND chat. They do not speak clear on the phone whatsoever. I would MUCH rather cancel all of my subscriptions if there were different editing softwares. I am furious. The customer support absolutely SUCKS. 

TOPICS
Account management

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Unable to edit images in Photoshop from Lightroom

Nov 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. Can someone please tell me how to file a complaint??? 
I have had the worst time with agents from Adobe. I have had several issues over the past 2 months with Lightroom and photoshop and I have spent HOURS talking to agents who were supposed to help me. I have asked several times if my case could be escalated and they tell me it will be 24-48 hours before I get a call back. Not to mention each time I talk to an agent I talk with them for 1-3 hours. EACH!! Phone AND chat. They do not speak clear on the phone whatsoever. I would MUCH rather cancel all of my subscriptions if there were different editing softwares. I am furious. The customer support absolutely SUCKS. 

TOPICS
Account management

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 30, 2020 0
Nov 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no complaint dept other than the channels you've been using.  It's no excuse but I think it's fair to say that customer support is slammed due to Covid, staff shortages, holidays, etc...

What specific issues are you having with your Creative Cloud Photography Plan?  Maybe this user-to-user forum can help.

Nancy O'Shea, ACP
Alt-Web Design & Publishing

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 30, 2020 1
Dec 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for offering help. I am very appreciative of that and I love this community-- just not the service! I actually started a chat with an agent and i was told it was because there were pictures syncing that caused the export failure and disabled Lightroom editing. But I also had an agent uninstall the latest version of Lightroom CC and I was able to edit again. I'm not sure which fixed it but it is working great now. I'm not upset that the software wasn't working properly, I'm upset because of the service. I had googled everything I could before contacting customer support because of previous experiences, but couldn't figure out what was wrong. Apparently it was an easy fix. After the 2.5 hour conversation with one agent, I started a new chat and explained everything and the agent fixed it in 45 minutes. 

thanks again! 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 02, 2020 0
Nov 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Write a letter Adobe, 345 Park Avenue, San Jose, CA 95110-2704

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 30, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Grace, I am very sorry that you have encountered so many problems communicating with our support team.  I reviewed the account you used to post this public discussion forum and I can confirm that case ADB-15209776-N0K9 was closed in September due to a lack of response.

I also show that you were unsuccessful with beginning a chat session on 11/3/2020 and 11/29/2020.  Finally, it appears that case ADB-16671746-D7W6 was closed yesterday.  Are you still encountering problems editing images in Photoshop?

Regardless, please review and bookmark https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/customer-support-portal.html which provides steps you can take to review and update your recent support cases. Using this process will help make sure that no additional support cases are closed, due to lack of response.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 01, 2020 1
Dec 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, you are right the first case in September was closed due to lack of response because I was on support for 3 hours with someone who was doing the same actions over and over again and I didn't have another 3 hours to waste. I asked for the case to be escalated and in that case the agent told me it would be 24/48 hrs until I got a response. Which I understand, but I was furious that I was on there for 3 hours and that was the second agent I had talked to that day.  So I started a new case with a new agent and the problem was resolved in an hour and I was very pleased with that agent. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 02, 2020 0
Dec 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a different problem this weekend than I did in September. I was unable to edit any photos in Lightroom and when I tried to export to photoshop it said something along the lines of "export failed: unknown_proxy" or something like that. So I started an Adobe chat. After two hours I was fed up with the service I was given because the agent did maybe 2 different actions in the whole 2 hours. I always get the agents to share the screen with me because it's easier if they are doing the actions for me. I asked for my case to be escalated and it was. But I did not have 24-48 hours to waste because I needed to deliver photos for Christmas cards. So later that afternoon I tried again on chat. I went through two agents but someone named Mahit, if I remember correctly, was extremely helpful when I explained my frustration and I told Mahit what actions the previous agent did and it only took Mahit about 45 minutes or so to fix everything and we spent 10 minutes of that time waiting for Lightroom reinstall. I don't know if the other agents just didn't know what the heck they were doing or if they just get paid based on how long they are helping customers but either way that is ridiculous. I have never in my life had such bad customer service and I am not the type of person to complain. I have seen several reviews about Adobe's customer service and I'm shocked nothing has been done to improve it. It's a shame because the software it great and obviously whatever was wrong with mine was an easy fix that did not require the hours wasted on support with your service team members.  

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 02, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the feedback, Grace. In the future, please use the process listed in https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/customer-support-portal.html to update your support case, as opposed to calling in again or beginning a new chat.  Our escalation processes are designed around the original case being used to track any errors or issues until completion.  When you begin a new interaction, you will be asked to repeat steps you may have already implemented.

This isn't really anything specific to Adobe; most case management for support organizations work similarly.  The next technician may try something different, but more often, you will be asked to repeat steps that were done before.  By working with the same support case, you may find a faster resolution as the incident is reviewed by senior personnel as part of the escalation process.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 02, 2020 0