• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to edit paths in Photoshop

Community Beginner ,
Mar 27, 2021 Mar 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since the newest update to Photoshop (v. 22.3), I can no longer create paths in photoshop. Everytime I click to create the next point, photoshop starts a new path. In the history pallette, instead of seeing new anchor point, all I can get is a "New Path Component".

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! Since you just upgraded to the latest version of Photoshop, I would recommend that you take a look at your Graphics Processor Card and see if it is compatible with this update. There have been other threads I've read that point to it as a possible cause. Here is a help doc for your reference: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/troubleshoot-gpu-graphics-card.html

To see if it might be the issue, you can select Preferences>Performance, and uncheck the "Use Graphics Processor" and then restart Photoshop. If, when you reopen, you are still having the issue, then we can rule out the GP and you can turn it back on. Take a look at the link above to see if your card is compatible with the latest upgrade.

Let us know if it works!

Michelle

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again!

Here is another thread that I thought might be helpful. https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop/pen-tool-not-working/td-p/11929963

Michelle

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 28, 2021 Mar 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Known bug; work-around: Maintain a Work Path while working on named Paths. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. It does seem to work as long as I don't save the path.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Create as many paths as you want but maintain a Work Path. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 12, 2021 Apr 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any other workarounds??? I need to create multiple paths in an image to isolate different aspects (and you can only have one "work path" per file)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 13, 2021 Apr 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What is giving so many people problems with understanding a sentence like: »Maintain a Work Path while working on named Paths«? 

Once again: Maintain a Work Path. 

You need not work on the Work Path, it just needs to exist. 

Then work on as many named Paths as necessary. 

bugReportPenToolUnconnectedPathPoints5.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines