Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to launch photoshop 7

New Here ,
Jan 06, 2020 Jan 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am unable to launch photoshop 7 on my windows 7 operating system ,

getting an error "could not initialize photoshop because the scratch disks are full"

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jan 07, 2020 Jan 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please check the free disk space on you hard drive(s).

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.5 - Nik Collection 6.8 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Scratch disk" is a kind of disk working space that Photoshop uses to perform some operations that would make your PC to go out of memory. By default the scratch disk is C:, so you need enough space there. If you changed the scratch disk location, you need to look at the assigned disks. 

As a first aid, do a disk clean-up and try deleting temporary files and empty the recycle bin. See here: https://neosmart.net/wiki/disk-cleanup/

Do not delete files manually, use the tools of your OS. 

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

While that message could be a result of low disk free space, that error message can also be caused by the fact you actually have too much free space on your drive.

That's because Photoshop 7 cannot see free space on a drive if it's more than 1TB and will give the "Scratch Disk Full" message. This was fixed in photoshop cs and later versions.

Chack and see how much free space is on the drive where photoshop 7 is installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines