Highlighted

Unable to launch Photoshop on Mac: The application “Adobe Photoshop 2020” is not open anymore.

New Here ,
Sep 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I shut down the computer and then when it rebooted Photoshop would not open witht the message:            "The application “Adobe Photoshop 2020” is not open anymore." 

The question is how to get it to open again.  

{Thread title edited by moderator}

TOPICS
Crash or freeze, Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Unable to launch Photoshop on Mac: The application “Adobe Photoshop 2020” is not open anymore.

New Here ,
Sep 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I shut down the computer and then when it rebooted Photoshop would not open witht the message:            "The application “Adobe Photoshop 2020” is not open anymore." 

The question is how to get it to open again.  

{Thread title edited by moderator}

TOPICS
Crash or freeze, Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 09, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We're sorry about the trouble with Photoshop 2020. Would you mind telling us when did this issue start? What macOS version are you working on?

Please try uninstalling & re-install Photoshop through the Creative Cloud desktop app to check if that helps. You can also try to reset the preferences of Photoshop using the steps mentioned here: https://adobe.ly/2Qzc0K3

Please backup your settings prior to resetting the preferences. You can check: https://adobe.ly/2vNz6FG

Let us know if that helps!

Regards,

Nikunj

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 09, 2020 0
New Here ,
Sep 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for your suggestion. I'll give it a try. I am using Mac OS Cataliina version 10.15.5. I have a new version of Photoshop installed and it di not work after the computer's first reboot with it. Other than that I am really enjoying the upgrades. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 10, 2020 0
New Here ,
Sep 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The re-installation was successful. Uninstalling the previous version turned out to be fussy though. I could see it removed from the Finder, but still stuck in the area where you Force Quit. Unplugging the computer and then starting up again solved the problem. 

Cheers, 

Robert 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 10, 2020 0