Unable to Move or Resize a Layer

New Here ,
Feb 15, 2021 Feb 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having trouble moving and resizing layers in Photoshop CC. The layer is selected in the layers panel. The Move Tool is also selected. I can see the transform controls. The cursor changes to a double headed arrow when I hover over the center transform boxes on the layer bounding box. BUT, when I go to resize the layer, the Move Tool auto deselects and the layer neither moves nor resizes. It's like the mouse can't "grab" the layer.

help moving layer.jpg

TOPICS
How to, Problem or error

Views

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Most Valuable Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you move that small layer using the Arrow keys to nudge that layer.  I had that had problem in PS 2021 version 22 the I could not move layer with my mouse but could nudge them. Resetting photoshop tools did not solve the issue.  I had to restart Photoshop to get the move tool working again.  The are some issues in PS 2021 that effect tools and Photoshop performances that require  you to restart Photoshop to resolve the problems.

JJMack

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try wit @JJMack sugestion and if it still does not work try reseting preferences https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html what is general advice for all things weird in Photoshop.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines