• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to open dds files or save as a dds file

New Here ,
Sep 11, 2020 Sep 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've recently tried to open some dds files for modding in video games, to create custom files. 

I have downloaded the Intel Texture Works Plugin and followed the step by step instructions to install. I also have the NVIDIA plugins. 

My problem is I'm unable to open downloaded dds files or open the game dds files. And I'm also unable to save any files as a dds, even though I have the plugins installed.  I'm out of ideas on what to do.

Specs: 

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8750H CPU 
x64 based PC
Adobe Photoshop CC 2019

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Sep 12, 2020 Sep 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhapse there is third Party plug-in for DDS supported file formats photoshop  

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DDS is not an image file and Photoshop is the wrong tool for the job

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 28, 2021 Mar 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mylisz się. DDS to obraz bitmapowy zapisany specjalnie w taki sposoób, by obsługiwały go gry. np ETS2.Mało wiesz o Photoshopie.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 28, 2021 Mar 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Mam podobny problem. Zainstalowany plugin nVidia, Photoshop CS6. Gdy zapisuję DDS, czasem wiesza mi się całość, czasem udaje się zapisać. Nie mam pojęcia jaka konkretnie jest przyczyna, ale zwróciłem uwagę, że problem najczęściej pojawia się, gdy do obrazu dodaję kanał alfa. Przy zapisie  jednej warstwy bez alfa, problemy się nie pojawiają. 

Udało mi się zapisać z kanałem, ale tylko przy małym rozmiarze obrazu. Każdorazowo przy większych obrazkach, plugin się wysypuje i zawiesza Photoshop'a.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines