Unable to open Photoshop files with right click / problem with icons

New Here ,
Dec 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Something has changed with how my computer interacts with Photoshop, and I don't know what.

I can no longer open Photoshop files by right clicking and using the "Open With" option. Photoshop does not show as an option, and when I click "Other Apps" it does not show there either.

Also, all of the icons that are Photoshop files have all now changed to PDF icons.

I am only able to open them by using Photoshop "File Open" to open them.

Any help would be appreciated -- thank you!

TOPICS
Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Unable to open Photoshop files with right click / problem with icons

New Here ,
Dec 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Something has changed with how my computer interacts with Photoshop, and I don't know what.

I can no longer open Photoshop files by right clicking and using the "Open With" option. Photoshop does not show as an option, and when I click "Other Apps" it does not show there either.

Also, all of the icons that are Photoshop files have all now changed to PDF icons.

I am only able to open them by using Photoshop "File Open" to open them.

Any help would be appreciated -- thank you!

TOPICS
Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 02, 2020 0
jane-e LATEST
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

You didn't say if you are using Mac Finder or Windows File Explorer, but you should have an option to browse to your applications folder and select Photoshop, then select the choice to apply the change to all files with that extension. If you don't see it, share a screen shot of the dialog.

~ Jane

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 02, 2020 0