• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to render timelapse in Photoshop

Community Beginner ,
Jul 03, 2020 Jul 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all! I need a little help. I have a timelapse sequence of around 800 jpegs. I am able to import the entire sequence fine, yet when I click "render video" I get a spinning wheel and... nothing else. Eventually PS simply closes itself. I've tried disabling my GPU and reinstalling graphics drivers to no avail. I'm able to make timelapses in Premiere, but PS is so much quicker usually. 

Specs -

CPU - i7 9700 8 core 8 threads

GPU - Radeon 5700XT

16gb DDR4 ram

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jul 03, 2020 Jul 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What software are you using on that machine system and application device drivers versions?

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 04, 2020 Jul 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop 21.2, Windows 10 Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363. Using latest Radeon 5700 XT drivers May update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are dimensions of your JPEG files? I believe there is problem with memory because you have too many images and only 16GB of RAM. If I understand you correctly then you have loaded/imported 800 files into application.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The files are 12mp, I've done this many times before on a much lower specced machine just fine, memory reports 40% free during the operation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's 16gb btw.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 15, 2020 Jul 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

UPDATE - Since I was unable to find any fixes here, I ended up exchanging the Radeon 5700XT for an Nvidia 2070 Super. Adobe doesn't play nice with AMD graphics cards when you're on PC apparently. Immediately after installing the Nvidia card all of my weird little problems with Photoshop and Premiere went away. Word of caution for folks thinking of getting an AMD graphics card - their Adobe bugs often aren't ironed out quickly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines