• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to save a file from Photoshop - Windows 10

New Here ,
Feb 12, 2020 Feb 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I pasted an image into Photoshop and edited it to my satisfaction as I've done for many years. But now, when I go to save the image as a file (jpg or pdf), I'm getting the following message "Could not save as "filename" because the file is locked. Use the Properties command in the windows explorer to unlock the file" I tried something as simple as opening a file and changing its name or making one modification to the file and then trying to save it and was denied. In the latter case I checked the security and saw that I as PC user had permission for the file.

But because I'm creating the file in the process of saving, there is no file yet to unlock. How can I get past this problem that I have never seen in 15 years? I recently converted to Windows10 but for a while was still able to save my files. Additionally, I went back to the former Windows 7 that had always worked, I still saw the same issue. So that doesn’t seem to be the problem. I should add that I have a very old version of Photoshop (7.0) which has been more than adequate for my needs up till now.

{Thread renamed by moderator}

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Feb 13, 2020 Feb 13, 2020

I found the problem on line. The culprit was Avast antivirus software. When I uninstalled it my files saved just fine. The local computer firm assured me Windows 10 provides the protection. I'll need to confirm that.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

That should not be happening, let's make it right!

Could you please check this conversation and see if it helps? https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop/can-t-save-anything-in-photoshop/td-p/4111114?page=1

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try saving it elsewhere or  under a different name. Perhaps a bug bit your machine a file that should have been unlocked failed to unlock so it stilled locked and will remain locked till you logout or reboot.  You may want to look at  Photoshop elements 2020 its under $100 and may be better for you than Photoshop 7.  I think I remember using PS 7  in  2001 its 20 years old. No it was released in 2002 its 18 years young. I don't think I would want to be 18 years young again 35 would be great though.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 13, 2020 Feb 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I found the problem on line. The culprit was Avast antivirus software. When I uninstalled it my files saved just fine. The local computer firm assured me Windows 10 provides the protection. I'll need to confirm that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines