Highlighted

Unable to save as in Photoshop

New Here ,
Aug 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Just recently the Photoshop 'save as' function has stopped working. My mac system software is up to date, as is the version of Photoshop I'm using. The option to save as is there but when you select it, or Shift/Command/S, neither does anything. I uninstalled Photoshop and reinstalled an earlier version which didn't work. Reinstalled the latest Photoshop and still not working. I did troubleshooting with an Adobe advisor but it was unresolved and resulted in losing my library of custom made actions (and they're nowhere to be found so are gone).

Any ideas or anyone else not able to use the save as?

Thanks

TOPICS
Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Unable to save as in Photoshop

New Here ,
Aug 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Just recently the Photoshop 'save as' function has stopped working. My mac system software is up to date, as is the version of Photoshop I'm using. The option to save as is there but when you select it, or Shift/Command/S, neither does anything. I uninstalled Photoshop and reinstalled an earlier version which didn't work. Reinstalled the latest Photoshop and still not working. I did troubleshooting with an Adobe advisor but it was unresolved and resulted in losing my library of custom made actions (and they're nowhere to be found so are gone).

Any ideas or anyone else not able to use the save as?

Thanks

TOPICS
Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 31, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try resetting the Photoshop preferences, which you can do under the General tab in Photoshop prferences.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 31, 2020 0
New Here ,
Aug 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just tried this and unfortunately this hasn't worked either. Thanks anyway for your help, Derek. Much appreciated.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 31, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Uninstall Photoshop again, using the drop-down menu in the Creative Cloud app, and run Adobe Cleaner before reinstalling Photoshop again.

https://helpx.adobe.com/uk/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html#run-the-crea...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 31, 2020 0
New Here ,
Sep 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's fixed it! Thank you SO much, Derek! Very kind of you to help, you've made my day as this has been dragging on for ages. You're a :glowing_star:. Thank you.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 01, 2020 0