Unable to save work product

New Here ,
Dec 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use PS 2020 and now 2021 to edit and compose my photos for paintings. So far I have tried multiple times to edit a photo and then "Save As" whether finished or not. Instead of finding it again, I cannot. It just immediately disappears to where I have no clue. What's happening here. Tired of wasting time with this. 

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Unable to save work product

New Here ,
Dec 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use PS 2020 and now 2021 to edit and compose my photos for paintings. So far I have tried multiple times to edit a photo and then "Save As" whether finished or not. Instead of finding it again, I cannot. It just immediately disappears to where I have no clue. What's happening here. Tired of wasting time with this. 

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 02, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, exactly where are you saving it to?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 02, 2020 2
Dec 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We need more informations in order to provide you with some help. When saving files where did you save it? Why you are not using Save command instead of Save As after initial save if you are working on the same file?

Do you expect to see previously saved file when using Save As but its not there or something else is your problem?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 02, 2020 1
Dec 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, please post the contents of help>system info, so that we get to know your OS, its version, the exact version of Photoshop you are running, the date of the GPU driver, etc.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 03, 2020 1
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a Dell desktop running Windows 10, all updates current. I have files set up for my own photos and files for work in progress as well as finished work ready to be used as reference along with studies that are not on the computer, so several references. The photos are chosen from specific files, "Wyoming Rockies,"  "Colorado Rockies," :Grand Canyon," etc. etc. After editing them, cropping, layers, etc, they are put in a file called "Worknig" if unfinished or a file "Ready Ref.," if finished. That was begun with PS 2019 and carry over photos from years past before getting this computer. I have had no problems at all until now with PS 2021 and any work does not save it just disappears never to be seen again. 

I have stopped using it and gone back to 2019, but because o certain new features in 2021 I woul like to use it.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 03, 2020 0
Dec 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Files don't just disappear. I've been using Photoshop professionally for many years and I have an archive of more than 100 000 files. Not once have I seen a file disappear.

I have, however, accidentally saved a few in places I didn't intend, and the reason is always that I wasn't paying attention to where I saved them. Always check the file path in the Save As dialog:

save1.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 03, 2020 0
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using PS for almost 20 years and have 100,000s of photos also
and I tried following the path as did a friend who is a graphic illustrator
and practically knows all applicable Adobe products like the back of his
hand and he could not find my edited pics from 2021. I never had work just
disappear either before this. Since I never experienced this and neither
had my friend is why I am asking here.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 03, 2020 0