• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to update Photoshop CS5

New Here ,
Feb 05, 2021 Feb 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently installed my copy of Photoshop CS5 on my new Windows 10 computer. I deactivated my copy on my old Windows 7 computer. My copy was an upgrade license from CS4 to CS5. I think I messed up the install because when it asked for the license key, it just accepted the CS5 license and did not ask for the CS4 base license like it had done in the past.

Now I cannot update my copy to the latest patches, as such, I cannot get the RAW format to work with my camera in Photoshop. When I try to update, Adobe Application Manager downloads the file but says "There was an error downloading this update. Please quit and try again later." The customer support link that shows with the error says 'Upgrade error: "This serial number is not for a qualifying product"'. 

I tried to uninstall Photoshop with the WinCS5Cleanupscript that Adobe provides, but after re-installing I still have the same problem. Any thoughts?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi on windows 10 you can not update or active your old Photoshop version....regards

Ali Sajjad / Graphic Design Trainer / Freelancer / Adobe Certified Professional

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Feb 06, 2021 Feb 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@lambiloon That is misleading and incorrect information

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Deleted User  older version like CS5 do trouble in updates on windows 10 as that is what I am saying better is to ask support @RaptorFoto what is main issue...regards

Ali Sajjad / Graphic Design Trainer / Freelancer / Adobe Certified Professional

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You said and I quote "windows 10 you can not update or active your old Photoshop version"

That is not true, you can update Photoshop CS5 as per the links posted below and you can certainly activate Photoshop CS5 on Windows 10 once you have not reached the activation limit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can try installing a newer Adobe Application Manager and see if the updates complete next time you try Help>Updates.

https://supportdownloads.adobe.com/detail.jsp?ftpID=4773

If there are some updates that still don't complete, you can most likely find the installer files here:

https://www.adobe.com/gr_en/downloads/updates.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need your CS5 serial and the serial of the version you are upgrading to  activate your cs5 install.  You should then be able to download and install the CS5 update from Adobe site.

Windows Updates 

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines