Unable to work with photoshop 22.x on iMac 2017 with Big Sur.

New Here ,
Apr 07, 2021 Apr 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’m unable to work with photoshop 22.x on iMac 2017 with Big Sur.

The program starts but no tasks can be performed. The spining wheel is almost constantly on screen.

It seems to take up all the memory of the system and the whole system really stops responding. Sometimes some error messages appear concerning the graphics card to the system out of memory. It is not even possible to close the program. A message appears that the program will close after the preset synchronization but it never ends. It is always necessary to perform a forced exit but often I cannot even call the forced exit panel of the system applications and then I have to shut down the Mac forcibly because the system does not respond either. Other times the Mac crashes and restarts by itself.

I have already sent the Mac for service and Apple is ruling out that there is a hardware problem.

I have not encountered any problems with Photoshop 21.2.6 and with the latest versions of Indesign and Illustrator.

Can someone help me please?

Thank you so much.

TOPICS
Crash or freeze, Mac, Performance

Views

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

You can adjust amount of memory available to Photoshop in Settings. I used to have same year Imac before and it worked fine. Memory limitation on Imac is irritating though, you can add so much more memory on PC systems... I had issues with large files from time to time, frustrating. Oh well.

With the bestestest wishes! )

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem now. Photoshop just stops works. I cant do anything. I cant close it alomst. 

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How much RAM does your computer have?

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines