• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to work with photoshop 22.x on iMac 2017 with Big Sur.

Explorer ,
Apr 07, 2021 Apr 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’m unable to work with photoshop 22.x on iMac 2017 with Big Sur.

The program starts but no tasks can be performed. The spining wheel is almost constantly on screen.

It seems to take up all the memory of the system and the whole system really stops responding. Sometimes some error messages appear concerning the graphics card to the system out of memory. It is not even possible to close the program. A message appears that the program will close after the preset synchronization but it never ends. It is always necessary to perform a forced exit but often I cannot even call the forced exit panel of the system applications and then I have to shut down the Mac forcibly because the system does not respond either. Other times the Mac crashes and restarts by itself.

I have already sent the Mac for service and Apple is ruling out that there is a hardware problem.

I have not encountered any problems with Photoshop 21.2.6 and with the latest versions of Indesign and Illustrator.

Can someone help me please?

Thank you so much.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

You can adjust amount of memory available to Photoshop in Settings. I used to have same year Imac before and it worked fine. Memory limitation on Imac is irritating though, you can add so much more memory on PC systems... I had issues with large files from time to time, frustrating. Oh well.

With the bestestest wishes! )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 13, 2021 Apr 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thank you so much for your reply but It's not an occasional problem due to a large number of files or some peculiar tasks. I'ts all the way long. I just found that photoshop wasasking 34 GB to the system!! it seems absurd to me. Shound I really do any memory adjust to photoshop? Photoshop 21.2.6 works fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem now. Photoshop just stops works. I cant do anything. I cant close it alomst. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

which version of photoshop are u using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How much RAM does your computer have?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It has 8 GB 2400 MHz DDR4. Moreover I found that the message concerning no enough memory available on the system reported that photoshop 2021 used 34 GB of memory!!!    34 GB!!!  I made a screenshot but the whole sytstem shot down  immediately and the picture has not been saved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop uses a lot of RAM. You'll need lots of fast scratch disk space and ideally more RAM. You can add memory to the 27" but not the 21".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I know photoshop uses a mount of scratch disk space. Anyway don't u find absurd the whole system collapse just becouse u have lounched photoshop 2021? Shounld'nt the entire community of adobe user with 8 GB ram (or 16 GB ram based on your mind) have the same problems? Should'nt Adobe remark photoshop cannnot be installed on 8 GB ram computeers? That's not. Minimum system requirement is 8 GB ram. Moreover  I have 600 GB free disk space on my hd. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines