• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Uneven tone pasting solid colour over part of an image.

Contributor ,
Apr 27, 2021 Apr 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, I am trying to use a technique I saw on YouTube re getting good skin tones, see https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdTbjgCbIG0&t=79s. His file showed colour inconsistencies when examining it and watching the info panel as I moved the cursor around, so I created one of my own. Running the cursor over my own solid color image the info panel shows all colour is even. However, when I place that image over another image to use the technique, the colour is no longer even. Not visible to the naked eye, but certainly noticeable by watching the info panel as I move the cursor around. Both files are in the same colour space and opacity and fill are set to 100%. It is as though the new layer is being slightly feathered on the edges.
If I paste the solid colour file over a transparent base, all is well. However, if I paste it over a coloured base, the pasted section is not even in colour.
What am I missing?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have not watched the video, but I'm guessing he used a layer blend mode like Color?  If that is the case and you have done the same, then try setting the blend mode back to Normal, and you'll no doubt get a bice even tone. 

Blend modes work with the underlying layer contents.  You can see below the wierd gradient I have run across layer 1.  I have filled Layer 2 with skin tone(ish) colour and set its blend mode to color.  Basically, the Color blend mode will have no effect on full white or full black.  Does that make any kind of sense?

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Blend mode is normal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Black lower layer or white lower layer, same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines