Highlighted

Uninstall older versions

New Here ,
Nov 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Should I uninstal the older versions (20, 21} of photoshop now I have 22? If so how?

TOPICS
Download and install, FAQ, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Uninstall older versions

New Here ,
Nov 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Should I uninstal the older versions (20, 21} of photoshop now I have 22? If so how?

TOPICS
Download and install, FAQ, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 11, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can if you want to, but they don't take up much room.  You may want to wait until you are sure that 22 is working OK for you.

You would uninstall them the same way that you would uninstall any other program.

What is your opeating system?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 11, 2020 0
New Here ,
Nov 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not want to uninstall these older versions .

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 11, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @MervB01 

Many folks say to uninstall 22, then, 21, then 20. After that you can reinstall 22.

Note that Adobe only provides links to the current version and to the one previous. Some folks like to keep an older version or two in case something does not work in the current version.

~ Jane

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 11, 2020 0
JJMack LATEST
Most Valuable Participant ,
Nov 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you just delete a previous Photoshop version Install file system tree you should be fine. Just do not use Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop Application uninstaller if you have installed a newer version of Photoshop. If you do the uninstaller will mess with what the newer install did to register the newer version into to your machine.  It will no longer be registered as the application associated with image file extensions.

JJMack

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 11, 2020 0