Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

uninstall Photoshop without internet

New Here ,
Jan 17, 2021 Jan 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I need to install Photoshop and creative cloud from my Windows 10 machine. However I am in the mountains and don't currently have access to the internet. When I try and install, the program keeps trying to connect to the internet and won't let me uninstall the programs.

How do I uninstall these Adobe programs without internet

Thanks, DS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 18, 2021 Jan 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, 

We're sorry to hear that. May I know the reason for uninstalling Photoshop? Are you seeing any issues with the application? I think you may trying to uninstall Photoshop via the Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop app. In Windows, you can uninstall any program from the "Program and feature" section. For more info, check out the following article: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/uninstall-or-remove-apps-and-programs-in-windows-10-4b55...

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

This doesn't work. I am up in the mountains without the internet on my
desktop PC.

When I try to uninstall from the "Program and feature" section, the Adobe
uninstall program launches and tries to connect to the internet. I am given
an error "cannot connect to Adobe servers" and my only option is to quit.

Please provide another way to uninstall.

Thanks,

Dan

DANIEL E. SYLVESTER
ARCHITECT

[Phone number and email removed by moderator for your protection. This is a public forum.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But...why do you need to uninstall right now? Can't you just, well, not open them? What harm do they do just sitting there?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 19, 2021 Jan 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BTW how can you post this if you have no internet? All you need to do is hook up a phone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using my phone, look into it. They can get on the internet when you don't have ethernet connection. And no, I don't have a wifi adapter on my computer. 

I think it is insane that Adobe prevents you from uninstalling the software without internet. How is that even allowed under Microsoft Windows terms of service? 

And to answer your question: all the Adobe bloatware (Adobe Acrobat Update Service, Adobe Genuine Software Integration, Adobe Genuine Software Service, Adobe Update Service (32 bit), etc etc etc) is causing issues with my architectural software. I need the architecture software for work. 

If the answer is "you need internet to uninstall Adobe software" just say that. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the background services interfere, you can disable them from startup in Task Manager. Just uncheck them, and they won't start when you boot up. This is routine, I have lots of things disabled from startup.

taskman2.png

If you still have the same issues, it's not Adobe services causing them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Apr 11, 2021 Apr 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same issue here... it´s sad joke.

and why need some people to question what other people want to do with their computers?

help with the question at hand and don´t question the motives.

i cloned an image to a new system but i want to remove photoshop from that system.

i can´t do it because the uninstaller want´s an internet connection.

that new system has no internet connection and i don´t want to connect it temporarily.

why can´t adobes uninstaller work like all other uninstallers?

i manage the adobe licenses in my adobe account.

so there is no need for adobe to connect when i decide to uninstall their software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

obviously we can not....

In Windows, you can uninstall any program from the "Program and feature" section. For more info, check out the following article: 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

well i used autoruns64 to disable all adobe services from startup. then i disabled all running services i found.

then i rebooted.

still no luck.

as soon as i start the uninstaller a creative cloud windows pops-up and i get the message " can´t reach adobe server".

as i know some people can´t just help with the question and hand they always need to know WHY people want to do something...... here is why:

i bought a cheap used  mainboard with no lan or wifi. the lan on the board is broken.

but it works fine otherwise. i cloned one of my existing images to that system (nearly the same hardware configuration, B450 chipset, same audio, same SSD etc.). all is working fine.

i saved two days of configuring windows and applications by restoring a macrium image instead of doing a fresh installation. i write that because some people will ask why i restored an image instead of installing a fresh windows. a fresh windows is so much cleaner solution.. etc.. (always nice to get advices that have nothing to do with the problem 🙂 )

but i have no way to connect to the internet.

and without this stupid adobe unistaller i would have no need for internet on that system.

so do i really have to buy a wlan stick to uninstall adobes software?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines