• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unintentionally set Scratch disk to Startup

Explorer ,
Apr 16, 2021 Apr 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I seem to have created a scratch disk on my startup disk.  Does it matter? Should I change it to an external HD - which is what I had intended? If so how do I delete the startup as a scratch disk?

Help and adive much appreciated please 🙂

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Apr 16, 2021 Apr 16, 2021

@ D Fosse - Many thanks!!  That's put my mind at rest....and yep - plenty of space available on Startup disk.  

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have enough free space, it should be on the system (startup) disk. That's the default.

Using an external drive as scratch disk is always a suboptimal solution. But if you're about to run out of space, you may have no choice. You need at least 50-100 GB, possibly more, depending on your file sizes and work habits.

Note that low disk space on the system drive is a potential concern in its own right, and regardless of Photoshop you should never let it fill up beyond 60-70%.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@ D Fosse - Many thanks!!  That's put my mind at rest....and yep - plenty of space available on Startup disk.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines