Highlighted

Unknown error when saving GIF

New Here ,
Apr 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I am trying to save my layers as a GIF in Photoshop. The layers are JPEG files I've drawn myself so aren't from an existing video.

I am using "Export save for web" but everytime I try to save the file an error message pops up. It reads "Could not complete this operation. An unknown erro has occured."

I have tried reducing the pixel size so the image is now 566x800px, but that hasn't made a difference. The error message still appears. 

Can anyone please help?

Topics

How to, Import and export, Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Unknown error when saving GIF

New Here ,
Apr 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I am trying to save my layers as a GIF in Photoshop. The layers are JPEG files I've drawn myself so aren't from an existing video.

I am using "Export save for web" but everytime I try to save the file an error message pops up. It reads "Could not complete this operation. An unknown erro has occured."

I have tried reducing the pixel size so the image is now 566x800px, but that hasn't made a difference. The error message still appears. 

Can anyone please help?

Topics

How to, Import and export, Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, 

We're really sorry for the Save for web error. Could you please update Photoshop to it's latest 21.1.1 via Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop app and let us know if that helps. For more info, check out the following article: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/photoshop-and-macos-catalina.html#AdobeSaveforWebError

Thanks,

Mohit

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im having exactly the same issue running 21.1.2 so the very latest update. It's so temperamental - i maneged to get one file out yesterday but ive tried 15 files today and get the same 'unknown error' message mentioned above

PLEASE HELP

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

EXACTLY THE SAME ISSUE! So annoying Photoshop!!!!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also having the same problem - no matter how small I make the file size, I am still unable to export my GIF. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines