• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unlink Brush Sizes

Explorer ,
Apr 11, 2021 Apr 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. I want my soft round brush to be a diffent size as my hard round brush, soft round pressure size, etc.. But currenetly when I change the size of one brush they all take on that size. On the fly I want to change diffent brush sizes and I want that size to be remembered per brush. 

photoshoo 22.3.0 Windows 10

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Create a new preset for each brush that you are using, including the size. Details here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/brush-presets.html

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for the reply. This isnt what I wan to do though. In most apps each brush style has its own data linked to brush size. independent of what sizes you make the other brushes. If photoshop has not way to do this then ill use another app to draw. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Changing size of the brush will not change other settings. Save preset with settings you want to capture and later feel free to change brush size while using it. You do not need to save separate presets for brush 100px diameter, 110px, 150, 2000px and so on... it is enough to save only one preset with whatever size you like to start with.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 12, 2021 Apr 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's only the basic round brushes that do not have preset sizes.  Pretty much everything else has a set size

image.png

It takes no time to set up a new brush group with favourite presets with preset sizes.

image.png

Plus it is so quick and easy to change brush size with various shortcuts.  I use the Express wheel on on my tablet for instance.  I find that fast and fluid and it does not interupt my workflow.

Remember, 15 million people use Photoshop [1], so it must be working for them.

[1] From ProDesignTools articles.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure if I explianed what I am trying to do. I don't care about the initial size, or preseting the size of  a brush. I only care about the dynamics. The only brush i need is a round brush. 

I want diffenet dynamics on differnet round brushes. 

If i use two seperate brushes, regardless of their preset size. I want the size that I last used to stay with that brush. When I switch between brushes they should stay with the last size that i had it at. not a preset size. not a size that i used for the previous brush. the last size i had that particular brush at. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is not possible in Photoshop. You can make a feature request to the product developers at this link:

https://feedback.photoshop.com/

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure if I explianed what I am trying to do. I don't care about the initial size, or preseting the size of  a brush. I only care about the dynamics. The only brush i need is a round brush. 

I want diffenet dynamics on differnet round brushes. 

By @rooster_toons

Yes I got that but we have already told you that is not possible with the exisiting round brushes, but there is nothing stopping you from making your own.  If you are some sort of illustrator then brush management is an essential skill, and it is super easy, and takes no time at all.  Make your custom presets and place them in a new group and drag that group to the top of the right click panel.  Job done

This took me less than a minute

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 13, 2021 Apr 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines