• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unwanted dark border showing in print but not on screen.

New Here ,
Sep 24, 2018 Sep 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Photoshop community,

I have a problem when it comes to printing. I have been trying to edit this photograph (Image 1), I wanted to make the Cox's life jacket look like a gillet, and so I was trying to fill in the gap under the rowers arm. After editing out the white t-shirt and adding the blue from the jacket, everything looked good on screen. However when printed, a nasty dark line would appear between the rowers elbow and the new blue jacket (Image 2, on screen view with no line, compared with Image 3 print view).

I tried to paint an entire new layer over the top of the original, yet the mark still came through...

Has anyone experienced this problem before or got and solutions on how to fix it?

Using a SHARP MX-3060N PCL6 printer (As I understand these are not great for matching prints with onscreen results, but I did not think it would be this drastic.

Any advice would be great.

Thanks

Jonny

Image 1.jpgImage 1Image 2.jpgImage 2

Image 3.jpgImage 3

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks to me like the ink has spilled over, does this happen on every print?

Could you perhaps upload the PSD file so we can take a look at the source file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah happens to every print.

Sorry no can do with the upload.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A bit difficult to advise without seeing the file, you may, for instance, have a layer causing the problem...

Could you at least screenshot your photoshop with this PSD open, with all layers etc?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As an experiment, why not print the original image off? if it's not visible, you'll know it's something to do with your edit rather then the printer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 25, 2018 Sep 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Charles,

Printing the original images does not produce the dark line to the same extent, however there is a darker shadow on the rowers elbow which is not visible on screen.

In regards to the photoshoped image, it was flattened before printing. Could this action just imbed any faults in the image?

Jonny

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It sounds like your printer is certainly causing some problems but doesn’t sound like it’s the root… What colour space are you using?

When you say “flattened” what action do you mean?

It would really help if you could take a screenshot of your screen as I’m clutching at straws here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could be 'out of gamut' is the gamut preview on?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines