Highlighted

Unwanted Upgrades

New Here ,
Oct 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone had a problem with unwanted upgrades? Last monday morning I noticed that my Ps 2018 & 2019 had upgraded (?). Ps 2018 is now Ps 19.1.8 and Ps 2019 is now Ps 19.1.927702????? They both look the same when opened. The last thing I remember was being informed the latest upgrades were not compatible with my setup.(?) What makes me angry is that the upgrades were somehow done arbitrarily, without forewarning. Several things that I use, quite often, were missing and all of my actions have disappeared. Also, I had it set up so previous versions would not replaced by an upgrade. That worked well! Is there a reason why Adobe arbitrarily feels a need to upgrade and delete menu items at their whim?

TOPICS
Performance, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Unwanted Upgrades

New Here ,
Oct 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone had a problem with unwanted upgrades? Last monday morning I noticed that my Ps 2018 & 2019 had upgraded (?). Ps 2018 is now Ps 19.1.8 and Ps 2019 is now Ps 19.1.927702????? They both look the same when opened. The last thing I remember was being informed the latest upgrades were not compatible with my setup.(?) What makes me angry is that the upgrades were somehow done arbitrarily, without forewarning. Several things that I use, quite often, were missing and all of my actions have disappeared. Also, I had it set up so previous versions would not replaced by an upgrade. That worked well! Is there a reason why Adobe arbitrarily feels a need to upgrade and delete menu items at their whim?

TOPICS
Performance, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 07, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Has anyone had a problem with unwanted upgrades?"

Hi @L Wiese 

No, but only because I have Auto-Update disabled. 🙂 Here's how:

In Creative Cloud, click your Avatar, then choose Preferences.

jane-e_1-1602114076047.png

In the Apps tab, turn off Auto-Update.

jane-e_0-1602114029927.png

In the General tab, there is a preference to keep the Creative Cloud updated, and I keep that one on.

In addition, in the Apps tab of Creative Cloud, you can click the ellipses to the far right to go back a dot release.

jane-e_2-1602114364999.png

Photoshop 2018 is no longer available for downloading through the CC app, but check here to see if it is still installed. If so, click the Open button and create a shortcut on your Dock or Taskbar. Let us know if this works for you.

~ Jane

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 07, 2020 1
JJMack LATEST
Most Valuable Participant ,
Oct 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

image.png

JJMack

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 07, 2020 0