Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Update 21.1 chrash after using shadow highlight

Community Beginner ,
Feb 21, 2020 Feb 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello you all,

New to the community, read a lot already:)
Updated yesterday photshop...and now when i'm using shadow highlight i get the ball of dead...and  my computer is not rsponding anymore.The curves are also very slow.
I have a fully spect 2019 mac mini..and never had any problems..CC 2019 works fine!

Thank for reading!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving to the Photoshop forum from Get Started

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is only a guess, but Shadow/Highlights is an old — and frankly irrelevant — command.  It might not be compatible with the version of OSX you are using.  Shadow/Highlight was a rather nasty effect that while opening up shadows and closing in highlights, left the image looking muddy and over processed.  Try using the Camera RAW filter, and the individual Shadows and Highlights sliders.  They are from a later process version, and work much much better.  I also have a feeling that they a much less likely to hang up your computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome back Trevor 👍

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks fot your reply!

I'm using the latest OSX.
I proces my images in lightroom..then convert to photoshop fot detailing.
Stills trange that with PS 2019,still works and with the latests version my computer freeze.
With the version before the update,everything was really fast.

I always update to the latest version...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can uninstall 21.1 from the CC app and reinstall 21.0.3

2020-02-21 10_28_16-Creative Cloud Desktop.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks...i will do that..and wait for a update to fix the problems...i'm see here that i'm not the only one.

Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 23, 2020 Feb 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for this simple solution Ged!  Worked like a charm.  I'll wait a bit as well for a version that allows me to use the H/S tool.

And, for those how had trouble, as I did, finding the location in the CC app to do the Uninstall/ Install, it goes like this..

> CC app; select Photoshop > VERSION (on right) > click on the latest version

This will bring up the options to install or uninstall..  Fortunitly, I alwas keep the previous version on my mac so all I had to do was unintall 21.1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your insight, but I have to disagree.  Just becasue S/H is outdated to you doesn't mean it's not usefull to someone else with a different workflow.  I would appriciate a guide to a usable solution rather than advice to just not use a tool that should work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"I would appriciate a guide to a usable solution"

Hi

You can report this as a bug to the developers at Adobe here:

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family

In the meantime, though, please use Trevor's solution (above). The Shadows/Highlights feature was "nasty" from Day One, as explained by Trevor. Or use Ged's solution to use an earlier version of PS.

Adobe has not removed it because there are folks who still use it, and Adobe needs to be told if it's causing crashes. You can post the link back here so others can see it.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines