Highlighted

Update 21.2.1 and 21.2.2 disables "Layer drag and drop" and "Pressure sensitivity"

New Here ,
Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

Post the above mentioned versions' update for Photoshop, dragging a layer(s) from one document to the other via the document name tabs is not possible. Its very inconvenient having to resort to resizing a document size so that you can see the other document in the background and then drag and drop the layers. Any fixes or workarounds for this?

Second, pressure sensitivity does not seem to work on my display graphic tablet for the life of me. I had it working first by the PSUserConfig.txt file. Then I read a fix that seemed to work for others by removing that file - but that did not work for me. Currently I have rolled back to 21.2.1 to at least have Pressure sensitivity back. And yes, Windows Ink is always enabled. Have tried iterations disabling it too, but no luck.

My question is - why is Adobe trying to fix something that isn't broken? A lot of my colleagues in the same field have been facing the same issue. 

Please comment.

TOPICS
Bug, How to, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Update 21.2.1 and 21.2.2 disables "Layer drag and drop" and "Pressure sensitivity"

New Here ,
Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

Post the above mentioned versions' update for Photoshop, dragging a layer(s) from one document to the other via the document name tabs is not possible. Its very inconvenient having to resort to resizing a document size so that you can see the other document in the background and then drag and drop the layers. Any fixes or workarounds for this?

Second, pressure sensitivity does not seem to work on my display graphic tablet for the life of me. I had it working first by the PSUserConfig.txt file. Then I read a fix that seemed to work for others by removing that file - but that did not work for me. Currently I have rolled back to 21.2.1 to at least have Pressure sensitivity back. And yes, Windows Ink is always enabled. Have tried iterations disabling it too, but no luck.

My question is - why is Adobe trying to fix something that isn't broken? A lot of my colleagues in the same field have been facing the same issue. 

Please comment.

TOPICS
Bug, How to, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 25, 2020 0
LEGEND ,
Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you done a Forum Search before posting? 

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop/m-dragging-layers-between-files-is-not-working-in-photoshop...

Quote from Mohit Goyal: 

»We're sorry for the dragging layer issue on another document. We're are aware of this issue and our engineering team working on the fix. In the meanwhile, you can right-click on the layer > Select Duplicate and choose the destination as a workaround.

Thanks,

Mohit«

And as for the pressure issue the current first page of the Forum seems to feature at least two threads: 

Screenshot 2020-08-26 at 10.02.26.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 26, 2020 1