• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Update 22.3.1 – same bugs as for a long time

Participant ,
Apr 15, 2021 Apr 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My hope was very high, but the bugs are the same as before. Photoshop just doesn't get any better. I hope that Adobe will find its way back on the right track and not just try to recreate any tools from cell phone apps or other software companies (Skylum). In many areas, Adobe has to be a pioneer and not try to imitate the work of others. Adobe has to be a pioneer in many functions and not try to imitate the work of others. When was the last really cool function in Photoshop? Cell phone functionality is becoming more and more state of the art and the programs for it deliver very good and competitive results in some cases, and not just at the push of a button. Why is Adobe so lagging behind this development?

Version 19.1 was the last error-free version for me. At first I assumed that my PC was out of date, but 2,300 euros for a powerful new PC also created the same bugs in Photoshop. My PC from 2013 was also very reliable and powerful enough for Photoshop, because I had already bought good technology back then.

Of course I removed Bridge, After Effects and Photoshop beforehand, including presets, because that would have been the first tip from Adobe Support ... But the same bugs exist. No drag & drop of files, no opening of jpeg with "File" -> "Open", no camera raw filter. The error message is always "program error". 
No RAW files can be opened with a double click in the bridge. Camera Raw does not open without an error message.
I can still transfer images from Lightroom to Photoshop, whether as a smart object or psd or tiff.

I am really desperate. I understand that the community cannot solve every strange problem either, but for this high rental price of the CC Adobe has to provide better support than just a community platform. Worst moment is when phone support tries to sell the bugs as a feature.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop/ps-does-not-open-camera-raw-and-also-not-jpeg-with-drag-and...

Thanks for your help - hopeful, Michael

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I will try. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I've just read through your other thread and I have a similar system* without any of those errors, so it sounds like there is something in your specific installation. Have you tried launching Photoshop as administrator to see if there is a permissions issue causing the problems?

* My system - i9-10920x, 128GB RAM, NVidia 2080ti, M2.NVMe drives for system and scratch, several SSDs for storage

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, thanks for your answer,
I did the test and started PS as admin, but it behaves just as incorrectly as before: no ACR and no drag and drop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines