• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

UPDATE CRASH 22.1.1

New Here ,
Dec 16, 2020 Dec 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop 22.1.1 is unstable and crashes or freezes up, especially when accessing type tool. It's been useless for 2 days now. Please help. I've uninstalled/reinstalled, checked all fonts, (They work in other programs just fine including AI, InDesign, etc) 

When I try to type ANYTHING a font rendering bar pops up and then just crashes. 

Even on a new project, before trying to type anything at all, PS just freezes and sucks up nearly 100% of my resources. 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I switched back to 22.1.0 to resolve the issue until it's safe to update again. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How many fonts do you currently have active?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 20, 2020 Dec 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It should not matter how many fonts are active. This problem appeared with Adobe's update - everything was fine with the previous version. How about just FIX THE PROBLEM rather than blame it on number of fonts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 20, 2020 Dec 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please don't be rude, we are volunteers on here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 21, 2020 Dec 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Didn't mean to be rude, and the remarks were not intended for the volunteers or end users. Remark was intended for Adobe, since this problem has been mentioned a number of times, with no resolution seen or even the problem acknowledged. My apologies.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried resetting the Photoshop preferences, which you can do under the General tab in Photoshop preferences?

Feedback to Adobe can be done here: https://feedback.photoshop.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I have tried that. No change. 

And, I have reported this over two dozen times now to Adobe....

I am running a new MacBook Pro, running Big Sur 11.1, with 64GB ram and a 4TB ssd. The graphics is an AMD Radeon Pro with 8GB on it.  The issue is not my hardware.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 22, 2020 Dec 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 22, 2020 Dec 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. It does not address the issue that I, and others, are having.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 23, 2020 Dec 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Considering Adobe has yet to release a Big Sur update for Photoshop, I would expect some issues until they do. The OP that you are commenting on did not specify if they were on Big Sur so you may be having different issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 12, 2021 Jan 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interestingly, Adobe has released an update to Photoshop today that fixes the problem. The release does not have any different number - it is 22.1.1. But, it is obviously a different release, because this one works. The previous one did not. And, there has not been one single change in my hardware.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

22.1.1 is new 22.1.0 was the December release.

Here is what was resolved:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/fixed-issues.html 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, how about that! You are right - they did note the problem and fixed it.

That's reassuring, because the Adobe tech support I spoke at length about the issue tried to blame it on my hardware....Screen Shot 2021-01-12 at 3.01.51 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 08, 2021 Feb 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have a different problem.

I'm just casually retouching using the healing brush and it freezes when I am paning through the image (holding space).

All drivers up to date on nvidia rtx 2060. 

I'm saving a PSD file and then I restart Photoshop to make it work again. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines